The object of the game is to accumulate cards with point totals as close to 21 without going over 21. Face cards are worth 10 points, Ace is worth 1 or 11 and all other cards are represented by their number.
If a player gets an Ace and 10 (blackjack) on the first two cards dealt it is an automatic winner, unless the house ties and then it is a push.
To win you need to beat the dealer without busting. You bust when your cards total to more than 21 and you lose automatically.
Before receiving any cards players must place a wager. Then the players are dealt two cards. The dealer gets one face up and one face down. Each player in turn either stays or takes more cards to try to get close to 21. The dealer must stay on a 17 but must hit on any 16 or lower. The remaining players with a higher count than the dealer win an amount equal to their bet. Players with a lower count than the dealer lose their bets. If the dealer busts, all the remaining players win.
A six deck shoe is the most common game in casinos. The dealer deals the cards out of a plastic “shoe”. In these games the player’s cards are dealt face up and the players never touch the cards. The dealer deals and collects the cards. When the dealer indicates it is your play, use the following hand signals to indicate what you want to do:
- Indicate you want a hit by scratching hand/tapping your fingers on the table.
- Indicate you want to stand by waving your hand horizontally over your cards.
- Indicate you want to double-down or split a pair by placing an equal bet to the left of your current bet.
The dealer deals the cards out of his hands rather than using a shoe. In addition, player’s cards are dealt face down and the players handle their cards (you can only use one hand). When the dealer indicates that it is your play, use the following to indicate what you want to do:
- Indicate you want a hit by dragging the edge of your cards on the table in a sweeping motion towards you.
- Indicate you want to stand by tucking your cards, face down under your chips (do not pick up your chips when tucking them).
- Indicate you want to double-down by placing a bet equal to or less then your original bet as long as your double-down meets the table minimum requirement. Indicate you want to double-down or split a pair by placing an equal bet to the left of your current bet.
If taking a hit causes you to bust, lay your cards down face up next to your chips.
Double down simply means you want to double your bet because your initial two cards have given you a favorable hand against the house. When you double down you only get one hit.
Splitting or a split bet is placed to the side of the original bet. A Double Down bet is placed behind the original bet. If two aces are received the player can take only one hit card on each ace.
Insurance is a side bet up to half the initial bet against the dealer having a natural 21. Insurance pays 2-1 odds, but loses if the dealer does not have a blackjack.
Even money is cashing in your bet immediately at 1:1 payout ratio when you are dealt a natural blackjack and the dealer’s showing card is an Ace.
For more information, call 970.563.7777 ext. 1875.